Sunday, February 23, 2014

First post is always the longest!

February has been an exciting month.

I thought the NHL going on hiatus while the Olympics took place would allow for me to have plenty of downtime, but it seemed like just the opposite happened instead! With work, school, and a little bit of fun in-between, I started to enjoy the sound of my alarm clock in the mornings.

To kick start my few weeks of "down time," Becky and I attended The Ellen Show taping in Burbank as VIP guests--we can now scratch that off our bucket lists!

We screamed like 16-year-old girls when Channing Tatum entered the set, danced our butts off whenever we heard that Ellen music, and get this--we, along with the entire rest of the audience, all received tickets to come back to Ellen's "12 Days of Giveaways" taping in December. For those of you that aren't familiar, it's Ellen's version of an Oprah Christmas Special, complete with giveaways for vacations, the hottest electronics, the best beauty products, and you name it....

The icing on the cake were definitely the Ellen mugs that the show's producer, Andy Lassner, so kindly gifted us. Kings fans, unite!! What a rockin' day.


The Kings might've taken a break from playing for the month, but I certainly did not! I joined the Silver Lady Kings. They're a friday night women's league team that play out of the Kings' practice rink in El Segundo. I justified a new stick purchase with this thought process: "New team, I should probably get a new stick to keep up with all the newness." So, I swiped the plastic and walked away from Discount Hockey with a new CCM RBZ. It was love at first sight. Lightweight, durable, grippy, 75 flex Landeskog curve...we'll see what she can do. I can picture my dad shaking his head. He could rip a 90 mph slapshot with a broom. It's not the stick that makes the player better...right? ;)



Five words: GO SEE THE LEGO MOVIE! Best animated movie (next to Frozen) that I've seen in a long time. I fell in love with all the characters and give Warner Brothers a pat on the back for doing some justice to how awesome Legos really are. We already knew that when we were younger but it's nice to see the plastic people so awesomely represented. The only thing that surprised me was how much ticket prices at the Arclight have gone up. I'm still a sucker and believe that it's the best movie theater in my vicinity so it'll just be something I have to get used to.



 I can credit my knowledge of WWE wrestling to my four brothers. I say knowledge because I unwillingly knew too many wrestlers names, could give a stunner at the drop of a hat, and never wanted to "smell what the Rock was cooking." My LOVE for wrestling can be credited to my boyfriend Colin, though. He sparked my interest in the newer theatrics of the sport and we both enjoy following the WWE's latest antics. This month, we attended a live Monday Night RAW at Staples Center and had a BLAST! Second time seeing live wrestling for me and it's always a treat. Yes, I know it's all fake, but you gotta love a good show.




 Oh, and happy belated Valentine's Day. Nothing better than a heart made out of Kit Kats and a Darth Vadar change tin to accompany your breakfast at 5 p.m. Wouldn't want to spend my day any other day, really.


Lastly, trying to grow my wardrobe has been an incredible challenge. I'm too big of a fan of yoga pants paired with band t-shirts and sneakers...but as my career in sports grows, so must my clothing options. I've had fun putting together camera friendly color options and trying to be stylish at the same time. I had two fun features to shoot this month. One was covering the LA Kings vs. Anaheim Ducks Poker Tournament for Kings Vision, and the other was covering the Lil' Kings fitting event at Hockey Monkey for Fox Sports West. It was my first time shooting with Fox and I had an absolute blast. Interviewing kids all day is so hilarious...I learned some sweet dance moves and my heart was touched by so much love for hockey in one place.

Jacket: Michael Kors // Sweater: Target
Boots: Cathy Jean // Pants: Express
 // Necklace: Forever21 // Phone case: J. Crew
Shirt: Express // Skirt: Express // Belt: Target //
Shoes: H&M // Necklace: Express
// Tights: Forever21

 Now, I wait for my beloved NHL to return!!












No comments:

Post a Comment